Monday, July 16, 2007

apatment

we're feeling trapped, TheMan and I.

Don't get me wrong, our apartment is lovely, spacious even. We've put a lot of crap in it, so its hard to tell sometimes, but it is a pretty good size, in all honesty. And since we've lived here a while, we've gotten spoiled and it is cheap.

But we have outgrown our Nest. But there is no way out. With housing prices and my school loans, it will be more than 3 years before we've saved enough to jump into a house. Still doesn't change the fact that I want a yard. I want to be able to tear down the stupid wall and open up the kitchen. I want to be able to redo the bathroom grout if it's too old and gross for my taste. I want to rip out the 80's timeshare cabinets and lumpy linoleum. I want to paint a damned wall. I am tired of all the white, and of searching every design magazine for (cheap) ways to add color! without a drop of paint! (go ahead and google that, there are approximately 6 ways, and I have tried them all). I am tired of calling the design magazines vlugar names when they promise a cheap and easy redecoration strategy and only offer paint! as a solution.

So the next 3 years are about making the most of what we've got, turning on the suzy sunshine in me to full strength, and turning these lemons into lemonade.

No comments: