Thursday, July 26, 2007

now, back to our regularly scheduled life, already in progress

phew. it's over.

I don't really know how to feel. It's the strangest mix of relief and apprehension and hope couched with caution. I do know that I never, ever want to have to go through that again (but I won't know if I have to until OCTOBER. That long of a wait is just cruel.) But, for now at least, it's over. So, onward!

Driving home last night was probably not the best idea I've ever had, but somehow I made it safely back to the Nest (which was, unfortunately, empty except for the cats). TheMan had to leave for a business trip the morning of the second day of the exam, and won't be home until Saturday. Let me tell you, it is pretty anticlimactic to battle your way through exhaustion on the 4 hour drive home, open the door, say "I'm DONE" and only be heard by creatures whose grasp of the english language is limited to "tuna."

Back to a normal person life, one in which I am not studying in some fashion for more than ten hours a day...... Um, can someone remind me what I did before bar prep? What is this "normal life" and where can I buy one? Because at the moment, I am kind of at a loss as to what to do with myself. Maybe I'm just flummoxed by the bevy of options at my disposal. I could go shopping, guilt free! I could clean the Nest, guilt free! I could clear off the TIVO, guilt free! Wheeeeee! My life is so exciting, I'm looking forward to cleaning. sad.

Insert witty segue here.

For the tea party with TheMan the Sunday before the bar exam, I wimped out (as per TheMan's express instructions), and did one of the easiest treats I possibly could, Double chip cookies. For those of you playing along at home, it's a pretty simple formula.
1. buy two bags of your preferred chocolate/peanut butter/white chocolate chips (we used a combo of dark and white chocolate chips, but other pairings would work just as well)
2. make the cookie dough per the instructions on the back of the bag. the only minor deviation I must wholeheartedly encourage is to double the vanilla. no matter what lovely baked good you concoct, always double the vanilla in the recipe- it will magically render the final product extra delicious.
3. instead of putting only one bag of chips into the dough, put two whole bags in. (yes, I am an innovator, people. my creativity knows no bounds)
4. bake according to the back of the bag's instructions.

tada, one of the easiest (second only to the beloved Rice Krispie Treat) Tea Party treat is born.

Better treats to come next week, as I get this back to real life thing on track...

1 comment:

Janet said...

Congrats on finishing!!! I agree that it it's wrong that they make you wait so long. At least that means you can't work until then, right? :)